Some of the tools and services that I have developed over the last few years have influenced and helped several individuals and organizations around the world in their projects. Some of the examples are given below.
- Coagmento is being used by dozens of individuals for their personal and collaborative projects.
- ContextMiner currently has more than 400 users, who have created more than 1000 campaigns, collecting millions of objects (YouTube videos, Flickr photos, Twitter feeds, blog posts) on a number of projects.
- Some of the US academic institutes where ContextMiner is being used: California State University, Drexel, Harvard University, Kent University, NC State University, Northwestern University, Stanford University, University of California at Santa Barbara, University of Hawaii, University of Idaho, University of Maryland, University of Massachusetts Amherst, University of Michigan, University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill and Greensboro), University of Pennsylvania, University of Puerto Rico, University of Texas at Austin, University of Wisconsin (Madison and Milwaukee), Yale University.
- Some of the non-US academic institutes where ContextMiner is being used: Aarhus University, Denmark, American, University of Beirut, Lebanon, Chaitanya PG College, India, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, Education AU, Australia, Manchester University, UK
National University of Singapore, PRRM Engineering College, India, Simon Fraser University, Canada, University of Alberta, Canada, University of Florence, Italy, University of Hong Kong, University of London, UK, University of Paris, France, University of Seville, Spain, University of Sydney, Australia, Universit de Versailles-Saint-Quentin, France, Westminster College, UK.
- Some of the non-academic organization where ContextMiner is being used: Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (Oscars), Bauer Media, UK, Cruise Addicts, Elsevier, European Archive, Google, IBM, Library of Congress, New South Wales Rural Fire Service, Australia, Optimedia, Razorfish, R/GA, SACE (Southern Alliance for Clean Energy), Soft Experience, France, State Archive in Lublin, Poland, US Navy, WRAL TV Station, Raleigh NC
- TubeKit has been downloaded for more than 500 times, helping numerous organizations in their projects involving YouTube data collection and analysis.
- TubeKit is being used in studying cancer research and other issues by University of Wisconsin at Madison.
- ContextMiner helped two masters students at School of Communication and Information, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in their final year project.
- A German PhD student at L3S will use data collected with ContextMiner to study automatic detection of video duplicates.
- An intern at Lip6 in Paris has been using TubeKit to study information diffusion in social networks.
- A student from American University of Beirut (AUB) has been using ContextMiner to collect AUB published materials by ASC department.